United palm oil industry public company limited was established and registered under the civil and commercial on April 21st,1978. The Company owns large oil palm plantations in Krabi and Surathani provinces with a combined planted area of more than 21,349 rai and extracts crude palm oil (CPO) from fresh fruit bunch (FFB) of oil palm fruits.
Lam Soon (Thailand) Public Company Limited (LST) began purchasing UPOIC shares since 1997. Later, on May 28th, 2003 LST acquired more shares in UPOIC from the Commonwealth Development Corporation and CDC (West Malaysia) Sendirian Berhad, and as a result became the major shareholder of UPOIC. Currently, LST holds 69.96% in UPOIC.
In 2006 UPOIC entered into a joint venture with Centre de Cooperation Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Developpement (CIRAD), to form Siam Elite Palm Co., Ltd. (SEP), CIRAD, a public establishment of the French government as Agricultural Research Centre for International Development, has for over 50 year experience in technology, knowledge and expertise regarding research and development of oil palm seed. CIRAD® oil palm seeds are widely recognized one of the best in the world in terms of high yields and rich oil content. Apart from that, SEP also has a research and development project to produce oil palm seeds whose female parents stem from “Deli dura” palms.
- Company: United Palm Oil Industry Public Co., Ltd
- Legal Representative: Thira Wipuchanin
- Year Established: 1978
- Address: 64 Soi Bangna-Trad 25, Khwaeng Bangna Nuea, Khet Bangna, Bangkok 10260, Thailand
- Krabi Office & Mill: 98 Moo 6, Nuaklong-Khao Phanom Road, Huayyoong Sub-District, Nuaklong District, Krabi 81130, Thailand
- Phone: +66 2744 1046 / +66 7566 6075
- Fax: +66 2744 1049 / +66 7566 6072
- Email: [email protected] / [email protected]
- Website: upoic.co.th
Products: Plantations & Crushing Mill, Seedings, Plantations, Crushing Mill