In 1962 was the start of Thai Pineapple Canning Industry Corporation Limited (TPC), the first pineapple processing factory in Pranburi, Prachuab Kirikhan. With his foresight to expand the export market, Mr. Pipat Tantipipatpong, the founder of TPC, had accepted Mitsubishi Corporation to be the joint venture partner in 1972 for the initial venture in the pineapple plantation. Through the vast network of Mitsubishi Corporation, TPC expanded to every corner of the world from USA to Europe.
As production increased over the years, TPC has contributed to the growth of the town, improving the income and livelihood of growers and residents. Throughout the history of TPC, it has survived 4 severe floods in 1968, 1969, 1996 and 2003. After each disaster, TPC returned with a stronger determination to build the business and export. Over the years, it has attracted other investors to the pineapple industry, including The Siam Agro Industry Pineapple and Others Public Company Limited (SAICO), which started the production facility in 1978 in the Province of Rayong. Today, there are more than 23 factories around the country that process canned pineapple for export, and Thailand is ranked the largest exporter of canned pineapple and pineapple juice concentrate in the world.
- Company: Siam Argo-Food Industry Public Co., Ltd
- Year Established: 1962
- Address: 50 GMM Grammy Place 17th Floor, Sukhumvit 21 (Asoke) Road, Klongtoey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- TPC-Pranburi: 11/3 Moo 2, Petchkasem Road., Tambol Kaonoi, Amphur Pranburi, Prachuab Kirikhan 77120, Thailand
- Phone: +66 2665 9333 / +66 3262 2334 / +66 3262 2335
- Fax: +66 2665 9348 / +66 3262 2336 / +66 3863 6013
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: saico.co.th
Products: Canned Pineapple, Canned Mango, Canned Tropical Fruit, Canned Passion Fruit Juice, Pouch Pineapple, Fruit Juice & Puree, Dried Fruit, WORLDFOODs Asian Sauces