PTT Asahi Chemical Company Limited (PTTAC) is a joint venture of PTT Global Chemical Public Company Limited (GC), Thailand’s leading company in the petrochemical industry and Asahi Kasei Corporation (AKC) of Japan, the world’s leading petrochemicals producer with the shareholding ratio of 50% and 50% respectively. PTTAC receives joint support from the shareholders with strengths in technology, feedstock, operations and marketing. PTTAC is incorporated on August 1st, 2006 and will produce 200,000 tons of AN and 70,000 tons of MMA per year.
PTTAC’s AN and MMA Plant will be the first AN plant in Thailand, located in Rayong, using Propane from PTT Gas Separation Plant as major feedstock which will reduce trade deficit, increase export of MMA with the amount of 5,000 Million Baht per year, and create the nation and community’s job market and income.The plant will also create human resource and transfer in technology in petrochemical industry and create value added to the country’s natural resources.
- Company: PTT Asahi Chemical Company Limited
- Year Established: 2006
- Address: 8 Phangmuang Chapoh 3-1 Road, Huaypong Sub-district, Muang District, Rayong 21150, Thailand
- Bangkok Office: 555/1 Energy Complex, Building A, 8th Floor, Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900, Thailand
- Phone: +66 3897 4800 / +66 2902 2400
- Fax: +66 3897 4801 / +66 2902 2498
- Website: pttac.com
- Acrylonitrile (AN) (Acrylic Fiber; Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Plastic; Styrene Acrylonitrile Plastic; Nitrile Butadiene Rubber; (Poly) Acrylamide)
- Methyl Methacrylate (MMA) (Poly Methyl Methacrylate (PMMA); Acrylic Sheet; Emulsion; Others)