PT ICA is the CGA pioneer industry in Indonesia and the fifth country in the Asia Pacific region besides Japan, China, Australia and Korea to process bauxite to become chemical grade alumina. PT ICA is also the pioneer to meet the requirement of Indonesia Mining Law in order to process raw material in domestic. It can be a trigger for alumina-based industries in Indonesia in the future.
Chemical Grade Alumina (CGA) in general refers to the chemical product in the form of aluminium hydroxide and alumina are used for aluminium industry. Alumunium hydroxide is an intermediate product that can be used in water purification. While the alumina can be used to manufacture electronic component supporting materials. Some product that use the CGA included refractoriness, abrasives, building product, Integrated Circuit (IC) as well as materials for the LCD screen.
Tayan CGA project will process bauxite reserves of Antam in Tayan, Sanggau Regency, West Kalimantan, Indonesia to produce 300,000 tons of chemical grade alumina per year. The CGA product will be exported to Japan and other countries and also to be sold to domestic market in Indonesia.
- Company: PT. Indonesia Chemical Alumina
- Address: 4th Floor Gedung Aneka Tambang Jl. Letjen TB. Simatupang No.1, Lingkar Selatan, Tanjung Barat Jakarta 12530, Indonesia
- Operation Plants: JI. Trans Kalimantan Piasak-Teraju Dusun Piasak, Desa Pedalaman Kec. Tayan Hilir 78564 Kab. Sanggau, Kalimantan Barat, Indonesia
- Phone: +62 21 780 3340/ +62 563 202 3335
- Fax: +62 21 780 3430/ +62 811 594 5558
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: pt-ica.com
Products: Alumina, Aluminium Hydroxide