FIW Steel Sdn Bhd was incorporated on 11th July, 1960 as the first steel related manufacturer in Malaysia in the form of joint venture of the investment from Japan and Singapore. Since incorporation, the company has been playing a role of the pioneer in every stage of technological development in steel sheet galvanizing and its related products. Thus, the history of the steel sheet galvanizing industry in Malaysia is the duplicate of the history of Federal Iron Works.
In the year 2004, Sumitomo Corporation, a Japanese giant trading firm, took whole share of the original Japanese investment, and the company is currently one of the global members of Sumitomo Corporation’s group of companies.
- Company: FIW Steel Sdn.Bhd
- Legal Representative: Goh Geok Khim
- Year Established: 1960
- Address: No 3, Jalan Keluli Satu, Kawasan Perindustrian Bukit Raja Selatan, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
- Phone: +603 33426721 / +603 33436721
- Fax: +603 33431177
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: fiw.com.my
- Capital: RM 39,752,679 Million
- Employee: 210
- Production Capacity: Non-Oxidizing Furnace (NOF) Continuous Galvanizing Line – 250,000 tons per year; Continuous Colour Coating Line – 70,000 tons per year
Products: Galmaxx, Galmaxx Premium, Galmaxx Alpha, T-Maz, Colourmaxx, Colourmaxx Alpha, Orora, Tiger Brand – Corrugated